Join the Team!
Front End Engineer
Rize is looking for a talented full-time Front-end Engineer to work in our Arlington, VA office right across from the Clarendon Metro!
At Rize, we’re building the banking platform of the future. One that unifies spending, saving, and investing in ways current banks can’t. We’ve built a truly differentiated tech stack capable of independently managing multiple pools of money across different account types. Like a self-driving car for money, Rize intelligently helps customers achieve their financial goals.
We’ve already taken the first steps: In 2018, we unified saving and investing—the first two legs of our strategy. This year, we’re launching a platform for couples to spend, save and invest together. Now we need a creative front-end engineer to help us execute the next phase of our roadmap.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
A talented developer who brings creativity and confidence to our front end. You will get the chance to work on brand-new products using the latest web technologies, including React, Redux, and TypeScript. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company and have impact and ownership right out of the gate. Our ideal candidate is not only excited about crafting user-centered products but also about building out the front end processes and team structure to support it. We’re looking for someone who is just as interested in pushing code across the finish line as they are talking with non-technical team members about the product.
- Plan, develop, and test fantastic user experiences on the web and mobile
- Produce clean and maintainable code with solid test coverage
- Optimize web/mobile apps for maximum speed and scalability
- Participate in code reviews
- Identify and communicate best practices
- Assist with backend code development and integration
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4+ years front-end development experience
- Strong knowledge of JS (ES6)
- Experience with React or similar frontend frameworks (Vue, Angular, etc.)
- Strong product and design sensibilities
- Solid understanding of REST APIs
- Proficient knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Comfort with communicating and collaborating with non-technical teams
Don’t worry if you don’t check every single one of our boxes. We look for talented people with passion and curiosity but you should have some good work experience under your belt and enough comfort with tools to build out processes.
ABOUT OUR STACK
- Frontend: React Native, Redux, TypeScript
- Backend: Ruby on Rails
BONUS POINTS if you’ve used
- CI tools
WHY WORK AT RIZE
- You’ll be building something from the ground up. You’ll have a chance to take ownership over the front-end and scale tools and processes.
- We work hard, but maintain a laid-back startup atmosphere
- We always make room for fun in our busy schedules. For example, we hold twice monthly happy hours for the entire team to relax and bond!
**no soliciting please