Last updated: April, 2019
Rize Advisors, LLC, is committed to maintain the privacy of nonpublic Personal Information we collect from individuals who visit our Site or make use of our Site or Advisory Services (as each is defined herein). We want you to understand how and why we collect, use and disclose Personal Information about you through our Site and Service.
• Information we collect about you.
• How we collect information about you.
• Our use of your information.
• Our security procedures concerning your Personal Information.
• Our communications with you.
• Our obligation to update your Personal Information or correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU.
(c) Rize use of Third-Party Service Providers. Rize contracts with third parties to access all accounts associated with your Rize account, including your connected Bank Account and Investment Account and external accounts using the Account Credentials that you provide to us. By providing us with your Account Credentials, you authorize Rize and its third-party providers to use your Account Credentials to access your Funding Account and to obtain and use information as may be necessary to provide the Service to you according to your Settings.
(d) Information from Third-Party Sites. In order to display information to you or facilitate your access and use of the Service, we may collect, on your behalf, your account and other Personal Information from third party websites that you register under your account via the Service.
(e) Technical and Navigational Information. We collect information about your computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, location preferences, identification numbers associated with your personal devices, date and time stamps of transactions, average time spent on our Site, and other interactions with the Services. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve our web design and functionality.
4. Our Use of Your Personal Information. We may use your Personal Information as necessary (i) to provide the Services to you according to your Settings, (ii) to respond to your inquiries about or provide you with updates regarding our Services, and (iii) to offer you other products, services, or offerings that we believe may be of interest to you. We may provide your Personal Information to our third party service providers in order to provide Services, to complete funds transfers, to execute investment decisions, and other functions you request in your Settings. We may use the information to verify the existence and condition of your Funding Account, or to otherwise assist with a funds transfer or the investment of funds. For example, our third party service providers may use the Personal Information you provide to confirm your accounts are valid. We may use your Personal Information to improve and personalize the Services and any related services, including future products and services.
6. Notifications. Rize sends Rize users messages through various channels such as emails, texts, and may include other electronic or paper-based channels. Receipt of these messages may indicate you are a Rize user. You agree and accept that Rize may use the contract information you provide to Rize to send you such notifications.
7. "Do Not Track (DNT)" Browser Signals. Do Not Track is an optional browser setting that allows you to record your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and third parties. Rize does not recognize or take any automated action in response to browser settings including "do not track" signals.
10. Contact us by Email.. We appreciate your questions and comments about our Site or Service and welcome your email messages to mailboxes listed on our Site. We will share your messages with those within our organization that are most capable of addressing the issues contained in your message. We will keep a copy of your message until we have had an opportunity to address your concerns. We may archive your message for a certain period or discard it, but your email address will not be used for any other purpose.
11. Confidentiality and Security. We restrict access to Personal Information collected about you through the Service to our employees, our affiliates and their employees, our authorized third party service providers, or others who need to know that information to provide the Service to you or to conduct our normal business operations. While no web site can guarantee information security, we maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information collected via the Service. We protect our databases with various physical, technical and procedural measures and we restrict access to your information by unauthorized persons. We also advise all Company employees about their responsibility to protect customer data and we provide them with appropriate guidelines for adhering to our Company’s business ethics standards and confidentiality policies. While we implement these and other security measures on the Service, please note that 100% security is not always possible. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
12. Choice/Opt-out. You may opt-out of having your Personal Information used to contact you for certain commercial purposes. Users who no longer wish to receive our promotional communications may contact us by email to be removed from our lists, however customers who have registered with Rize cannot opt out of receiving certain messages about the Rize Service. Be sure to include any contact information that you want removed from our promotional contacts list, including physical addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses (If you use more than one e-mail address, send your opt-out e-mail from each of your e-mail addresses.) If you receive any online newsletter or similar promotional e-mail communication from us, you will always be given the option to "unsubscribe" from receiving further e-mail communications from us at any time. Your option not to receive promotional and marketing material will not preclude us from corresponding with you, by e-mail or otherwise, regarding your existing or past business relationships with us (e.g., any purchase of our products or use of our Service, or responses to requests for information you pose to us either through use of a Service or by other means). In addition, we may continue to use de-identified information for the purposes of maintaining and improving our Service. If you want to opt-out of receiving certain communications from us, or if your personally identifiable information changes (such as zip code or postal code, phone, email or postal address), you may correct, update or delete/deactivate your personally identifiable information at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.
13. Links to Other Sites. For your convenience we may provide links to other websites and web pages that we do not control. We cannot be responsible for the privacy practices of any websites or pages not under our control and we do not endorse any of these websites or pages, the services or products described or offered on such sites or pages, or any of the content contained on those sites or pages. ** WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM AND WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH HOW SUCH THIRD PARTIES COLLECT, STORE, USE OR DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.**
15. Promotional Emails.. From time to time, we may send you e-mails with promotional offers relating to your use of the Site or Service. If you would no longer like to receive these emails, please click on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email and follow the Unsubscribe instructions. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request, as some promotions may already be in process. We may also use your Personal Information to notify you in connection with any contests or promotions that you choose to participate in through the Site or Service.
16. Changes to Your Personal Information. If you wish to update Personal Information that you have provided to us or correct any inaccurate Personal Information you have provided to us, you may update or correct such information via your account. Alternatively, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request any corrections to your Personal Information. You are solely responsible for updating and ensuring the accuracy of your Personal Information, and providing us with notice of inaccurate information, if applicable.
17. California Resident Privacy Rights.. Under California law, California residents may opt-out of our disclosing Personal Information about them to third parties for their marketing purposes. If you do not want us to disclose information to other companies for their marketing purposes, please contact us by any of the ways described in the "Contact Information" section below. Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of Personal Information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To request a copy of such information, please contact us by any of the ways described in the "Contact Information" section below, and we will respond within 30 days as required by law. California law also requires us to disclose how we respond to your Web browser "do not track" signals or other mechanisms that provide you the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party Websites or online services. We are also required to disclose whether other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different Websites when you use the Service. We may use third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve advertisements across the Internet and may use third party analytics service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of these ads on third party sites and viewing of ads and of our content. Third parties may offer you a choice as to whether or not to have your information collected for that purpose.
18. Using the Service from Outside the United States. Our Site and Service is only designed and offered for use within the United States by residents of the United States. If you access or otherwise make use of the Service from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored or processed in the United States, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to protect your privacy. By accessing or otherwise making use of the Service, you acknowledge and agree that we have the express right to transfer your information across jurisdictions and international borders to our facilities and to those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
If you wish to contact Rize, please do so using the contact information contained on our website or use the information contained below:
Call: 1 (202) 730-9897
Arlington, VA Office
3000 Wilson Blvd, Suite 210
Arlington, VA 22201