Last updated: July 15, 2019
- “Account” means your Rize user account you obtain by registering through the Site. It is required to use the Service.
- “Account Information” shall have the meaning set forth in Section 3.2.
- “Applicable Law” means any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, statutes, ordinances, regulations, rules, opinions, interpretive letters and other official releases of or by any government, or any authority, department or agency thereof which are now in effect or which may come into effect at any time during the Term.
- “Brokerage Custodian” means a qualified SEC-registered broker-dealer selected by Rize to serve as brokerage custodian to hold your Rize Brokerage Account and execute trades in accordance with your Settings. The Brokerage Custodian is Apex Clearing Corporation. Rize may replace the Brokerage Custodian with another custodian at any time.
- “DNT” shall have the meaning set forth in Section 6.
- “Partner Bank” means a bank selected by Rize to serve Rize customers with banking services. The Partner Bank is Lincoln Savings Bank. Rize may change the Partner Bank at any time.
- “Personal Information” includes all information you enter into the Rize Site and any information Rize obtains about you or your accounts or account activity to support the functions you authorize, such as bill payment. Personal Information may include your name, your date of birth, your social security number, your tax identification number (if applicable), your home or other physical address, your email address, your telephone number, banking information, information concerning your financial goals and preferences, and other information that identifies you or may be associated with you.
- “Rize”, “we” “our” or “us” shall mean Rize Advisors, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and SEC registered investment adviser.
- “Rize Bank Account” shall have the meaning set forth in Section 3.2.
- “Rize Brokerage Account” shall have the meaning set forth in Section 3.2.
- “Service” means the Rize interactive platform and suite of services, tools, and functions that assist you with establishing and meeting personal financial goals through various means, which may include, without limitation: (i) monitoring your external accounts, Rize Bank Account, and Rize Brokerage Account, (ii) providing personalized and automated investment and savings advice, (iii) notifying you of investment and savings opportunities, or (iv) automatically moving money among your external accounts, Rize Bank Account, and Rize Brokerage Account.
- (m)”Site” means our website located at https://www.rizemoney.com or mobile-device based application you access through an “App Store” and operate from your mobile computer.
- “Submission” shall have the meaning set forth in Section 7.1.
- “You,” “you” “your” “User” means the person or entity using or accessing the Site or Service under this Agreement
- Information we collect about you.
- How we collect information about you.
- Our use of your information.
- Our security procedures concerning your Personal Information.
- Our communications with you.
- Our obligation to update your Personal Information or correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU.
- 3.2.Account Information. When you register with Rize, Rize will provide you the ability to open a bank account with our Partner Bank (“Rize Bank Account”) and a brokerage account with our Brokerage Custodian (“Rize Brokerage Account”), as described more fully in Program Agreement. We may act as your agent to facilitate the opening of these accounts..Rize will obtain and use information about your Rize Bank Account and Rize Brokerage Account to provide the Service, including your log-in credentials, password, account number, routing number, other user information and account activity, and your eligibility for such accounts based on background checks operated by the associated institutions. All such information is referred to as “Account Information.” You agree and accept that Rize may collect, use, and retain all such Account Information as part of your Personal Information. In addition, if you use services that may be available through Rize to transfer funds to or from external accounts at financial institutions to or from your Rize Bank Account, Rize may obtain information related to such external accounts, such as account numbers and balances and other account attributes.
- 3.3.Rize use of Third-Party Service Providers. Rize contracts with third parties to access all accounts associated with your Rize Account, including the Rize Bank Account and Rize Brokerage Account and external accounts. By providing us with your Account credentials, you authorize Rize and its third-party providers to use your Account credentials to access your Rize Bank Account and Rize Brokerage Account only as may be necessary to provide the Service to you according to your Settings.
- 3.4.Information from Third-Party Sites. In order to display information to you or facilitate your access and use of the Service, we may collect, on your behalf, your account and other Personal Information from third party websites that you register under your account via the Service.
- 3.5.Technical and Navigational Information. We may collect your computer browser type, internet protocol address, pages visited, location preferences, identification numbers associated with your personal devices, date and time stamps of transactions, average time spent on our Site, and other interactions with the Service. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve our web design and functionality.
- Use and Sharing of Your Personal Information. This section lays out the various ways Rize may use or share your Personal Information
- 4.1.We may use and share the Personal Information you provide to us as necessary (i) to provide the Services to you according to your settings, (ii) to respond to your inquiries about or provide you with updates regarding our Services, and (iii) to offer you other products, services, or offerings that we believe may be of interest to you.
- 4.2.We may provide your Personal Information to our third-party service providers in order to complete funds transfers or investment decisions you request in your Settings, to verify the existence and condition of your Rize Bank Account, or to otherwise assist with a funds transfer or the investment of funds.
We may use your Personal Information to improve and personalize the Services and any related services, including future products and services.
- 4.3.We may share Personal Information about you:
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business;
- To deliver to you any administrative notices, money alerts and communications relevant to your use of the Service;
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process;
- To improve our website, mobile app, or the Services;
- To respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third parties;
- In an emergency, to protect the health and safety of our Site’s users or the general public; or
- As otherwise required by Applicable Law.
- 4.4.Non-personalized, anonymous data about You may be aggregated with data from other users and other data sources and may be collected and shared with partners for marketing, research, product development, or advertising.
- 4.3.We may share Personal Information about you:
- Notifications. Rize sends Rize users messages through various channels such as emails, texts, and may include other electronic or paper-based channels. Receipt of these messages may indicate you are a Rize user. You agree and accept that Rize may use the contract information you provide to Rize to send you such notifications.
- “Do Not Track” Browser Signals. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and third parties. Rize does not recognize or take any automated action in response to browser “do not track” signals.
- Social Media Platforms and Websites.
- 7.2.Additionally, in the event that any one part of the Site or Service offers a message board or any other interactive or social-type feature on a website administered directly by us, please be aware that these areas may allow you to publicly post, and share with other users, certain messages, content, or other information (e.g., stories, pictures, ingredients, tips, etc.). Although we may take certain precautions to protect those who use these areas of our Site or Service, we encourage you to be wary of giving out any Personal Information in such public forums. The information you post can be collected and used by people you do not know. We cannot guarantee the privacy and safety of these areas and are therefore not responsible for any information you choose to post. Your use of these features is fully at your own risk.
- Contact us by Email. We appreciate your questions and comments about our Site or Service and welcome your email messages to mailboxes listed on our Site. We will share your messages with those within our organization that are most capable of addressing the issues contained in your message. We will keep a copy of your message until we have had an opportunity to address your concerns. We may archive your message for a certain period or discard it.
- Confidentiality and Security. We restrict access to Personal Information collected about you through the Service to our employees, our affiliates and their employees, our authorized third-party service providers, or others who need to know that information to provide the Service to you or to conduct our normal business operations. While no web site can guarantee information security, we maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information collected via the Service. We protect our databases with various physical, technical and procedural measures and we restrict access to your information by unauthorized persons. We also advise all Company employees about their responsibility to protect customer data and we provide them with appropriate guidelines for adhering to our Company’s business ethics standards and confidentiality policies. While we implement these and other security measures on the Service, please note that 100% security is not always possible. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password to access the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you not share this password with anyone.
- Choice/Opt-out. YOU MAY OPT-OUT OF HAVING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION USED TO CONTACT YOU FOR CERTAIN COMMERCIAL PURPOSES. Users who no longer wish to receive our promotional communications may contact us by email to be removed from our lists. Be sure to include any contact information that you want removed from our promotional contacts list, including physical addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses (If you use more than one e-mail address, send your opt-out e-mail from each of your e-mail addresses.) Please note, however customers who have registered with Rize cannot opt out of receiving certain messages about the Rize Service. If you receive any online newsletter or similar promotional e-mail communication from us, you will always be given the option to “unsubscribe” from receiving further e-mail communications from us at any time. Your option not to receive promotional and marketing materials will not preclude us from corresponding with you, by e-mail or otherwise, regarding your existing or past business relationships with us (e.g., any purchase of our products or use of the Service, or responses to requests for information you pose to us either through use of a Service or by other means).
If you choose to opt-out in accordance with the terms of this section, please note that following such opt-out we may continue to use de-identified information for the purposes of maintaining and improving our Service.
If you want to opt-out of receiving certain communications from us, you may correct, update or delete/deactivate your personally identifiable information at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Links to Other Sites. For your convenience we may provide links to other websites and web pages that we do not control. We cannot be responsible for the privacy practices of any websites or pages not under our control and we do not endorse any of these websites or pages, the services or products described or offered on such sites or pages, or any of the content contained on those sites or pages. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM AND WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH HOW SUCH THIRD PARTIES COLLECT, STORE, USE OR DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We currently use or anticipate using third party service providers to gather data about the usage of our Service and for marketing purposes. These third-party services may set or maintain cookies which we do not control. Due to the constantly-changing technology of the internet, we may discontinue the use of these providers at any time, or implement new third-party services to provide same, similar, or additional functionality.
- Changes to Your Personal Information. If you wish to update Personal Information that you have provided to us or correct any inaccurate Personal Information you have provided to us, you may update or correct such information via your account. Alternatively, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request any corrections to your Personal Information. You are solely responsible for updating and ensuring the accuracy of your Personal Information, and providing us with notice of inaccurate information, if applicable.
- California Resident’s Privacy Rights. Under California law, California residents may opt-out of our disclosing Personal Information about them to third parties for their marketing purposes. If you do not want us to disclose information to other companies for their marketing purposes, please contact us by any of the ways described in the “Contact Information” section below. Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of Personal Information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To request a copy of such information, please contact us by any of the ways described in the “Contact Information” section below, and we will respond within 30 days as required by law. California law also requires us to disclose how we respond to your Web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide you the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. We are also required to disclose whether other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different Websites when you use the Service. We may use third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve advertisements across the internet and may use third party analytics service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of these ads on third party sites and viewing of ads and of our content. Third parties may offer you a choice as to whether or not to have your information collected for that purpose.
If you wish to contact Rize, please do so using the contact information contained on our website or use the information below:
Call: 1 (202) 730-9897
Arlington, VA Office
3000 Wilson Blvd, Suite 210
Arlington, VA 22201